Iran rejects link to alleged coup plots in Bahrain
Tehran: Iran`s Foreign Ministry has rejected the country`s alleged role in plotting to topple the regime in Bahrain.
Bahrain on Sunday sentenced eight people to prison terms after they were accused of conspiring with suspected Iranian agents to overthrow the Gulf kingdom`s Sunni dynasty.
Monday`s report by the semiofficial Mehr news agency quotes Ramin Mehmanparast, who is spokesman of Tehran`s Foreign Ministry, as saying that Iran does not "intervene" in the internal affairs of Bahrain.
Mehmanparast urged Bahrain to consider its "people`s demands" rather than accuse other countries like Iran.
Gulf Arab states claim Iran has links to the 15-month-old uprising demanding more rights for Bahrain`s Shiite majority. Iran denies any role in the protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state