Iran rejects sending uranium abroad but considers fuel swap
Tehran: Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr
Mottaki said today Tehran had ruled out sending any
low-enriched uranium abroad but would consider a simultaneous
fuel swap inside the country, a report said.
Mottaki according to the ISNA news agency also said the
Islamic republic is ready for another round of talks with
world powers over securing fuel for its Tehran research
reactor. The first meeting was held in Vienna on October 19.
A UN-backed proposal drafted at that meeting, which would
have seen Tehran`s stocks of low-enriched uranium sent out the
country for further enrichment, was not feasible, Mottaki
"We reviewed it ... from an economic and technical
aspect. We will definitely not send out our 3.5 per cent
enriched uranium," the minister said.
"It means that we will (instead) consider swapping the
(nuclear) fuel simultaneously in Iran," he added.
Mottaki added that "Iranian experts are reviewing the
issue of swap to see how much fuel can be transferred. The
amount they mentioned for the swap is not acceptable ... and
our experts are still studying it."
Under the UN-backed deal, Iran would rely on Russia and
France to process low-enriched uranium to fuel a Tehran
reactor that makes medical isotopes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27