Iran releases jailed US citizen
Washington: Iran has released a US-Iranian businessman after keeping him in detention for more than two years, his lawyer told broadcaster CNN.
Reza Taghavi, 71, was released Saturday and plans shortly to leave Iran with his family to return to the US, the lawyer said.
Taghavi was arrested in May 2008, accused by Iranian authorities of having given $200 to an organisation hostile to the government in Tehran. He insisted that he had acted on behalf of a Los Angeles acquaintance, who had asked Taghavi to give the money to a friend in need in Tehran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?