Iran releases jailed US citizen
Washington: Iran has released a US-Iranian businessman after keeping him in detention for more than two years, his lawyer told broadcaster CNN.
Reza Taghavi, 71, was released Saturday and plans shortly to leave Iran with his family to return to the US, the lawyer said.
Taghavi was arrested in May 2008, accused by Iranian authorities of having given $200 to an organisation hostile to the government in Tehran. He insisted that he had acted on behalf of a Los Angeles acquaintance, who had asked Taghavi to give the money to a friend in need in Tehran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday