Iran releases opposition figure on bail: Report
Tehran: Iran`s state-owned newspaper says authorities have released one of the country`s most prominent pro-reform figures on bail.
Saeed Hajjarian is considered a top architect of the movement pushing for more social and political freedoms in Iran. He is among more than 100 opposition politicians and activists on trial since August to face accusations of fomenting unrest after the disputed Presidential Election in June.
Thursday`s edition of the IRNA newspaper said Hajjarian was released on USD 200,000 bail on Wednesday.
Hajjarian admitted fuelling the unrest, but the opposition dismissed his confession as coerced.
Hajjarian supported opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi, who claims he was the rightful winner of the election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal