Iran releases opposition figure on bail: Report
Tehran: Iran`s state-owned newspaper says authorities have released one of the country`s most prominent pro-reform figures on bail.
Saeed Hajjarian is considered a top architect of the movement pushing for more social and political freedoms in Iran. He is among more than 100 opposition politicians and activists on trial since August to face accusations of fomenting unrest after the disputed Presidential Election in June.
Thursday`s edition of the IRNA newspaper said Hajjarian was released on USD 200,000 bail on Wednesday.
Hajjarian admitted fuelling the unrest, but the opposition dismissed his confession as coerced.
Hajjarian supported opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi, who claims he was the rightful winner of the election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Rains keep mercury near normal in several parts of country
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared on May 28; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government