Iran releases opposition figure on bail: Report
Tehran: Iran`s state-owned newspaper says authorities have released one of the country`s most prominent pro-reform figures on bail.
Saeed Hajjarian is considered a top architect of the movement pushing for more social and political freedoms in Iran. He is among more than 100 opposition politicians and activists on trial since August to face accusations of fomenting unrest after the disputed Presidential Election in June.
Thursday`s edition of the IRNA newspaper said Hajjarian was released on USD 200,000 bail on Wednesday.
Hajjarian admitted fuelling the unrest, but the opposition dismissed his confession as coerced.
Hajjarian supported opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi, who claims he was the rightful winner of the election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?