Iran releases opposition figure on bail: Report
Tehran: Iran`s state-owned newspaper says authorities have released one of the country`s most prominent pro-reform figures on bail.
Saeed Hajjarian is considered a top architect of the movement pushing for more social and political freedoms in Iran. He is among more than 100 opposition politicians and activists on trial since August to face accusations of fomenting unrest after the disputed Presidential Election in June.
Thursday`s edition of the IRNA newspaper said Hajjarian was released on USD 200,000 bail on Wednesday.
Hajjarian admitted fuelling the unrest, but the opposition dismissed his confession as coerced.
Hajjarian supported opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi, who claims he was the rightful winner of the election.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram