Iran reveals capture of 2 more US drones in past
Tehran: An Iranian navy commander claims the country`s security forces had captured two small US drones in past missions in addition to at least four others reported earlier.
Admiral Amir Rastgari says the two drones were of the small, low-altitude RQ-11 type, according to the semi-official Fars news agency. He said one was captured in the summer of 2011 and the other in November 2012.
Rastgari claimed that most of the data from the unmanned aircraft was recovered.
Iran`s powerful Revolutionary Guard said last month that it had captured a ScanEagle American drone after it entered into Iranian airspace over the Persian Gulf.
At the same time, Iran claimed it had taken possession of two other simple, small ScanEagles.
In 2011, Iran claimed it brought down a more sophisticated CIA spy drone after it entered Iranian airspace from Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details