Iran reveals capture of 2 more US drones in past
Tehran: An Iranian navy commander claims the country`s security forces had captured two small US drones in past missions in addition to at least four others reported earlier.
Admiral Amir Rastgari says the two drones were of the small, low-altitude RQ-11 type, according to the semi-official Fars news agency. He said one was captured in the summer of 2011 and the other in November 2012.
Rastgari claimed that most of the data from the unmanned aircraft was recovered.
Iran`s powerful Revolutionary Guard said last month that it had captured a ScanEagle American drone after it entered into Iranian airspace over the Persian Gulf.
At the same time, Iran claimed it had taken possession of two other simple, small ScanEagles.
In 2011, Iran claimed it brought down a more sophisticated CIA spy drone after it entered Iranian airspace from Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam