Iran reveals capture of 2 more US drones in past
Tehran: An Iranian navy commander claims the country`s security forces had captured two small US drones in past missions in addition to at least four others reported earlier.
Admiral Amir Rastgari says the two drones were of the small, low-altitude RQ-11 type, according to the semi-official Fars news agency. He said one was captured in the summer of 2011 and the other in November 2012.
Rastgari claimed that most of the data from the unmanned aircraft was recovered.
Iran`s powerful Revolutionary Guard said last month that it had captured a ScanEagle American drone after it entered into Iranian airspace over the Persian Gulf.
At the same time, Iran claimed it had taken possession of two other simple, small ScanEagles.
In 2011, Iran claimed it brought down a more sophisticated CIA spy drone after it entered Iranian airspace from Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- India to grow at 7.6% in FY'17, GST to boost trade, investment: RBI
- South Africa hold 372-run lead over New Zealand despite top order collapse in second innings
- Government defers mega spectrum auction by 2 days to Oct 1
- Attempt to provoke India again? Pak aircraft violates Indian airspace in J&K
- No blanket ban on pellet guns in Kashmir Valley, to be used in 'rarest of rare cases'