Iran reveals capture of 2 more US drones in past
Tehran: An Iranian navy commander claims the country`s security forces had captured two small US drones in past missions in addition to at least four others reported earlier.
Admiral Amir Rastgari says the two drones were of the small, low-altitude RQ-11 type, according to the semi-official Fars news agency. He said one was captured in the summer of 2011 and the other in November 2012.
Rastgari claimed that most of the data from the unmanned aircraft was recovered.
Iran`s powerful Revolutionary Guard said last month that it had captured a ScanEagle American drone after it entered into Iranian airspace over the Persian Gulf.
At the same time, Iran claimed it had taken possession of two other simple, small ScanEagles.
In 2011, Iran claimed it brought down a more sophisticated CIA spy drone after it entered Iranian airspace from Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'