Iran Revolutionary Guards kill 26 Kurdish rebels: Report
Tehran: Iran`s elite Revolutionary Guards
have killed 26 Kurdish rebels in north-western Iran, a
commander of the guards was quoted as saying on Sunday by the Fars
"In an operation to clean up the West Azerbaijan and
Kurdistan provinces of counter-revolutionary and terrorist
groups, 26 of the agents were killed," said Mohammad Takpoor,
who was described by Fars as commander of the Revolutionary
Guards ground forces.
He said the operation had delivered a "massive blow" the
Party of Free Life of Kurdistan (PJAK) and other Kurdish rebel
He gave no indication of the period in which the killings
Western Iran, which has a sizeable Kurdish population,
has seen deadly fighting in recent years between Iranian
security forces and PJAK rebels operating from rear-bases in
The group is closely allied with the Turkish Kurdish
rebel group, the Kurdistan Workers` Party (PKK), which is
listed as a terrorist group by Ankara and much of the
Iraq, Iran, Syria and Turkey all have significant ethnic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble