Iran-Russia bilateral talks helpful: Deputy FM
Tehran: Iran`s Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi said that the meeting with Russia has proved to be "very helpful" and would further continue in Vienna.
Araqchi met Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov Wednesday in Rome, IRNA news agency reported.
“Consultations on Iran’s nuclear program with the Russians have continued, and now at the threshold of the next round of Vienna negotiations they are of greater significance,” Araqchi said.
Araqchi also said that nuclear talks between Iran and the P5+1 or the five permanent members of the UN Security Council - the US, China, Russia, France, Britain - plus Germany, were also discussed during the meeting with Ryabkov.
A two-day meeting held Monday and Tuesday between Iran and US in Geneva was termed as constructive. The meeting focused mainly on nuclear issues, but the sanctions imposed on Iran by the US were discussed during the meetings.
Iran also held talks with France Wednesday in Geneva where Araqchi said that the two sides had exchanged views to prepare the forthcoming round of negotiations next week in Vienna despite differences in opinion.
The meetings come ahead of the next round of nuclear talks between Iran and the P5+1 group scheduled for June 16-20 in Vienna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors