Iran-Russia bilateral talks helpful: Deputy FM
Tehran: Iran`s Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi said that the meeting with Russia has proved to be "very helpful" and would further continue in Vienna.
Araqchi met Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov Wednesday in Rome, IRNA news agency reported.
“Consultations on Iran’s nuclear program with the Russians have continued, and now at the threshold of the next round of Vienna negotiations they are of greater significance,” Araqchi said.
Araqchi also said that nuclear talks between Iran and the P5+1 or the five permanent members of the UN Security Council - the US, China, Russia, France, Britain - plus Germany, were also discussed during the meeting with Ryabkov.
A two-day meeting held Monday and Tuesday between Iran and US in Geneva was termed as constructive. The meeting focused mainly on nuclear issues, but the sanctions imposed on Iran by the US were discussed during the meetings.
Iran also held talks with France Wednesday in Geneva where Araqchi said that the two sides had exchanged views to prepare the forthcoming round of negotiations next week in Vienna despite differences in opinion.
The meetings come ahead of the next round of nuclear talks between Iran and the P5+1 group scheduled for June 16-20 in Vienna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says