Iran-Russia bilateral talks helpful: Deputy FM
Tehran: Iran`s Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi said that the meeting with Russia has proved to be "very helpful" and would further continue in Vienna.
Araqchi met Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov Wednesday in Rome, IRNA news agency reported.
“Consultations on Iran’s nuclear program with the Russians have continued, and now at the threshold of the next round of Vienna negotiations they are of greater significance,” Araqchi said.
Araqchi also said that nuclear talks between Iran and the P5+1 or the five permanent members of the UN Security Council - the US, China, Russia, France, Britain - plus Germany, were also discussed during the meeting with Ryabkov.
A two-day meeting held Monday and Tuesday between Iran and US in Geneva was termed as constructive. The meeting focused mainly on nuclear issues, but the sanctions imposed on Iran by the US were discussed during the meetings.
Iran also held talks with France Wednesday in Geneva where Araqchi said that the two sides had exchanged views to prepare the forthcoming round of negotiations next week in Vienna despite differences in opinion.
The meetings come ahead of the next round of nuclear talks between Iran and the P5+1 group scheduled for June 16-20 in Vienna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4