Iran, Russia ties key to `regional, global peace`
Moscow: Iran and Russia have common views on a large number of international issues and closer bilateral ties between them will facilitate regional and international peace and stability, Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani has said.
"The two countries share many interests and common views in international fields that can serve as a basis for constructive cooperation between Tehran and Moscow," Larijani was cited by Press TV.
He was speaking during a meeting with Konstantin Shuvalov, the Russian presidential representative at the 16th Summit of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM), in Tehran.
The Iranian official said the Majlis (Parliament) will do its best to promote Iran`s amicable ties with Russia.
On this occasion, Shuvalov said Tehran has been playing an effective and constructive role in regional and global developments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?