Iran, Russia ties key to `regional, global peace`
Moscow: Iran and Russia have common views on a large number of international issues and closer bilateral ties between them will facilitate regional and international peace and stability, Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani has said.
"The two countries share many interests and common views in international fields that can serve as a basis for constructive cooperation between Tehran and Moscow," Larijani was cited by Press TV.
He was speaking during a meeting with Konstantin Shuvalov, the Russian presidential representative at the 16th Summit of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM), in Tehran.
The Iranian official said the Majlis (Parliament) will do its best to promote Iran`s amicable ties with Russia.
On this occasion, Shuvalov said Tehran has been playing an effective and constructive role in regional and global developments.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living