Iran sanctions are not working: Israel PM
Nicosia: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says sanctions imposed on Iran are important but so
far haven`t been effective.
Netanyahu said today that the Iranian president`s guided
tour of centrifuges at Tehran research reactor yesterday was
proof that sanctions have not properly crippled Iran`s efforts
to develop nuclear capabilities.
The Israeli leader was speaking to reporters in Cyprus,
where he was meeting officials on a brief visit to discuss
cooperation on energy and other matters.
Israel has been a vocal supporter of an international
campaign to halt Tehran`s nuclear program by imposing
sanctions on its central bank and gas exports.
Like the West, Israel accuses Iran of pursuing atomic
weapons. Tehran insists that its nuclear program is for
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'