Iran sanctions are not working: Israel PM
Nicosia: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says sanctions imposed on Iran are important but so
far haven`t been effective.
Netanyahu said today that the Iranian president`s guided
tour of centrifuges at Tehran research reactor yesterday was
proof that sanctions have not properly crippled Iran`s efforts
to develop nuclear capabilities.
The Israeli leader was speaking to reporters in Cyprus,
where he was meeting officials on a brief visit to discuss
cooperation on energy and other matters.
Israel has been a vocal supporter of an international
campaign to halt Tehran`s nuclear program by imposing
sanctions on its central bank and gas exports.
Like the West, Israel accuses Iran of pursuing atomic
weapons. Tehran insists that its nuclear program is for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city