Iran sanctions not constructive approach: China
Beijing: China on Thursday said economic sanctions on Iran were not "constructive approaches".
The European Union on Monday agreed to place an embargo on Iran`s oil exports and to introduce a number of other financial sanctions.
"To blindly pressure and impose sanctions on Iran are not constructive approaches," Xinhua quoted a Foreign Ministry statement as saying.
China has consistently advocated settlement of international disputes through dialogue and consultation, the ministry said.
It said China hopes the relevant parties will take approaches which are conducive to regional peace and stability.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis