Iran says it seeks to strengthen Lebanese Army
Tehran: Iran`s defence minister says it is
Tehran`s strategic policy to strengthen the Lebanese army.
The comments by Gen. Ahmad Vahidi to his visiting
Lebanese counterpart, Fayez Ghosn, were posted on the Iranian
defense ministry`s website on Monday.
Iran is a key supporter of the Lebanese group Hezbollah.
Tehran denies arming the Shia militant movement, but is
believed to funnel it weapons and millions of dollars in
Ghosn is a member of Marada, a Christian party allied
with Hezbollah. Both groups are close to Syria`s embattled
President Bashar Assad, who is traditionally a major
power-broker in Lebanon but faces an uprising against his
Tehran may be trying to strengthen its independent ties
in Lebanon if Assad falls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'