Iran says its English channel dropped by satellite
Tehran: Iran`s English-language channel Press TV says that it has been dropped by the satellite that had broadcast its signal to North America.
The television report today said that the Galaxy 19 satellite serving audiences in the United States and Canada has removed both the state-owned news channel as well as a movie channel, iFilm.
It said the move was part of sanctions imposed on Iran as part of broader efforts to prevent it from developing nuclear weapons. Iran denies that it is developing weapons, saying its nuclear activities are aimed at peaceful purposes.
The Luxembourg-based company Intelsat, whose website says that Galaxy 19 is part of its satellite fleet, could not immediately be reached for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill