Iran says no verdict yet in stoning case: France
Paris: France says Iran`s foreign
minister insists that no final decision has been made about a
woman who could be stoned to death for adultery.
French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner says he
has spoken to his Iranian counterpart about Sakineh Mohammadi
Ashtiani, whose case has sparked an international outcry.
Kouchner says Manouchehr Mottaki assured him on Wednesday that a final verdict in Ashtiani`s case has not been issued
yet and that reports "about her eventual execution don`t
correspond to reality".
Iran has temporarily suspended the stoning verdict
and suggested Ashtiani might be hanged instead.
Kouchner said that France is "very worried" about
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test