Iran says no verdict yet in stoning case: France
Paris: France says Iran`s foreign
minister insists that no final decision has been made about a
woman who could be stoned to death for adultery.
French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner says he
has spoken to his Iranian counterpart about Sakineh Mohammadi
Ashtiani, whose case has sparked an international outcry.
Kouchner says Manouchehr Mottaki assured him on Wednesday that a final verdict in Ashtiani`s case has not been issued
yet and that reports "about her eventual execution don`t
correspond to reality".
Iran has temporarily suspended the stoning verdict
and suggested Ashtiani might be hanged instead.
Kouchner said that France is "very worried" about
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet