Iran says two downed spy planes were US-operated
Tehran: Iran says it has determined that two spy planes it claims to have downed were operated by the United States.
An Iranian official says authorities will publicly display them.
The Revolutionary Guard`s air force said earlier this month that it shot down two highly advanced spy planes that had violated Iranian airspace. It provided no proof. Iranian officials have not clarified whether they were pilotless drones or another type of aircraft.
The US Navy`s 5th Fleet, which is based in the Gulf, said at the time that it had no reports of any aircraft downed recently.
Iran`s semi-official Fars news agency today quoted the head of the Guard`s naval force, Gen. Ali Fadavi, as saying Iran will display the two small reconnaissance planes "at an appropriate time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price