Iran says will not bow to nuclear deadline `threat`
Tehran: Iran`s foreign ministry has warned Tehran will not bow to "threat and pressure" in meeting any deadline set by world powers over its controversial nuclear programme, the official IRNA news agency reported on Thursday.
"We are a nation which believes in dialogue and interaction, but if they (six world powers) want to set up a deadline using threat and pressure, it is not acceptable," foreign ministry spokesman Hassan Ghashghavi said.
Iran`s reaction comes after the United States and five other world powers pressed the Islamic republic on Wednesday to accept an offer of face-to-face nuclear talks before a key UN meeting in late September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security