Iran set to ramp up production of weapons-grade uranium
Vienna: Iran is on the threshold of boosting output of material that can be turned into weapons-grade uranium used in nuclear warheads, diplomats have said.
One diplomat told a foreign new agency that Tehran is now technically ready within days to ramp up its production of 20 percent-enriched uranium by nearly 700 centrifuges.
According to news 24, that would nearly double present output at Iran’s heavily fortified Fordo enrichment plant.
The report comes despite Iran denying wanting to have nuclear arms.
Two other diplomats said that Tehran has put a sizeable number of centrifuges at Fordo that were previously installed, but not ready to operate under vacuum, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raped woman' remark: IOA contemplating to drop Salman Khan as goodwill ambassador for Rio Games?
- Woman files FIR against Delhi MLA Dinesh Mohaniya for misbehaviour; AAP leader rejects charge
- Jacqueline Fernandez is a mini mouse in disguise; see who gave her company!
- Army jawans rescue girl climber trapped in a Uttarkashi glacier - Watch daring video
- What Brexit could mean for India and its markets