Iran set to ramp up production of weapons-grade uranium
Vienna: Iran is on the threshold of boosting output of material that can be turned into weapons-grade uranium used in nuclear warheads, diplomats have said.
One diplomat told a foreign new agency that Tehran is now technically ready within days to ramp up its production of 20 percent-enriched uranium by nearly 700 centrifuges.
According to news 24, that would nearly double present output at Iran’s heavily fortified Fordo enrichment plant.
The report comes despite Iran denying wanting to have nuclear arms.
Two other diplomats said that Tehran has put a sizeable number of centrifuges at Fordo that were previously installed, but not ready to operate under vacuum, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?