Iran set to ramp up production of weapons-grade uranium
Vienna: Iran is on the threshold of boosting output of material that can be turned into weapons-grade uranium used in nuclear warheads, diplomats have said.
One diplomat told a foreign new agency that Tehran is now technically ready within days to ramp up its production of 20 percent-enriched uranium by nearly 700 centrifuges.
According to news 24, that would nearly double present output at Iran’s heavily fortified Fordo enrichment plant.
The report comes despite Iran denying wanting to have nuclear arms.
Two other diplomats said that Tehran has put a sizeable number of centrifuges at Fordo that were previously installed, but not ready to operate under vacuum, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan