Iran set to ramp up production of weapons-grade uranium
Vienna: Iran is on the threshold of boosting output of material that can be turned into weapons-grade uranium used in nuclear warheads, diplomats have said.
One diplomat told a foreign new agency that Tehran is now technically ready within days to ramp up its production of 20 percent-enriched uranium by nearly 700 centrifuges.
According to news 24, that would nearly double present output at Iran’s heavily fortified Fordo enrichment plant.
The report comes despite Iran denying wanting to have nuclear arms.
Two other diplomats said that Tehran has put a sizeable number of centrifuges at Fordo that were previously installed, but not ready to operate under vacuum, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption