Iran set to ramp up production of weapons-grade uranium
Vienna: Iran is on the threshold of boosting output of material that can be turned into weapons-grade uranium used in nuclear warheads, diplomats have said.
One diplomat told a foreign new agency that Tehran is now technically ready within days to ramp up its production of 20 percent-enriched uranium by nearly 700 centrifuges.
According to news 24, that would nearly double present output at Iran’s heavily fortified Fordo enrichment plant.
The report comes despite Iran denying wanting to have nuclear arms.
Two other diplomats said that Tehran has put a sizeable number of centrifuges at Fordo that were previously installed, but not ready to operate under vacuum, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook