Iran sets up naval base in Strait of Hormuz
Moscow: Iran has set up a naval base in the Strait of Hormuz, a major oil route accounting for 25 percent of the world`s crude oil transportation.
It is located near Iran`s southern port city of Bandar Lengeh in Hormozgan province, some 1,100 km from Tehran, the Fars news agency reported.
It is the fifth naval base of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps in the Persian Gulf.
Iran has threatened to close the Strait in the Persian Gulf in response to any foreign attack. The country`s other key naval bases are also located in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan