Iran state TV lauds new President`s nuke stance
Tehran: Iran`s President-elect believes it`s possible to strike a deal that would allow the country to keep enriching uranium while assuring the West it will not produce a nuclear weapon.
That`s according to remarks by Hassan Rouhani from an interview recorded four months ago and rerun on Iranian state TV on Friday.
In the interview, Rouhani said his government would look for a win-win deal to resolve the disputes with the United States.
He also suggested that under his Presidency, Iran would seek to convince the US and its allies that dialogue and not sanctions are the way forward.
The broadcast appears to be intended to underline Rouhani`s pledge to follow a "path of moderation" and pursue greater openness over Iran`s nuclear program.
He is set to take office in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened