Iran state TV lauds new President`s nuke stance
Tehran: Iran`s President-elect believes it`s possible to strike a deal that would allow the country to keep enriching uranium while assuring the West it will not produce a nuclear weapon.
That`s according to remarks by Hassan Rouhani from an interview recorded four months ago and rerun on Iranian state TV on Friday.
In the interview, Rouhani said his government would look for a win-win deal to resolve the disputes with the United States.
He also suggested that under his Presidency, Iran would seek to convince the US and its allies that dialogue and not sanctions are the way forward.
The broadcast appears to be intended to underline Rouhani`s pledge to follow a "path of moderation" and pursue greater openness over Iran`s nuclear program.
He is set to take office in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly