Iran stops supplying fuel to European planes
Tehran: Iran`s state media say the country
has stopped providing fuel to European planes in retaliation
for their refusal to supply fuel to Iranian aircraft.
The official English-language Iran Daily newspaper today
quoted First Vice President Mohammad Reza Rahimi as saying
that Iran has issued an order banning the supply of jet fuel
to European airlines.
The newspaper says the order is effective immediately.
Iran is at odds with the West over its nuclear programme.
Tehran`s refusal to halt uranium enrichment has brought
four sets of UN sanctions against Iran.
The US and its allies accuse Iran of seeking to build
nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption