Iran stops supplying fuel to European planes
Tehran: Iran`s state media say the country
has stopped providing fuel to European planes in retaliation
for their refusal to supply fuel to Iranian aircraft.
The official English-language Iran Daily newspaper today
quoted First Vice President Mohammad Reza Rahimi as saying
that Iran has issued an order banning the supply of jet fuel
to European airlines.
The newspaper says the order is effective immediately.
Iran is at odds with the West over its nuclear programme.
Tehran`s refusal to halt uranium enrichment has brought
four sets of UN sanctions against Iran.
The US and its allies accuse Iran of seeking to build
nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened