Iran stops supplying fuel to European planes
Tehran: Iran`s state media say the country
has stopped providing fuel to European planes in retaliation
for their refusal to supply fuel to Iranian aircraft.
The official English-language Iran Daily newspaper today
quoted First Vice President Mohammad Reza Rahimi as saying
that Iran has issued an order banning the supply of jet fuel
to European airlines.
The newspaper says the order is effective immediately.
Iran is at odds with the West over its nuclear programme.
Tehran`s refusal to halt uranium enrichment has brought
four sets of UN sanctions against Iran.
The US and its allies accuse Iran of seeking to build
nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers