Iran summons Azeri envoy over Mossad allegations
Tehran: Iran`s state-run news agency says the
country`s foreign ministry has summoned Azerbaijan`s
ambassador to protest alleged Israeli intelligence activity in
the oil-rich Caucasian state.
The Sunday report by IRNA says that the ministry handed a
protest note to Azeri envoy Javanshir Akhundov and demanded
that his government prevent Mossad from using its territory to
launch operations against Iran.
The report said "terrorists" linked to the killings of
Iranian nuclear scientists escaped to Israel through
Iran has frequently accused Israel of having a hand in
the assassination of scientists such as Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan,
killed by a bomb in January.
Israel has hinted at covert campaigns against Iran
without directly admitting involvement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’