Iran summons Azeri envoy over Mossad allegations
Tehran: Iran`s state-run news agency says the
country`s foreign ministry has summoned Azerbaijan`s
ambassador to protest alleged Israeli intelligence activity in
the oil-rich Caucasian state.
The Sunday report by IRNA says that the ministry handed a
protest note to Azeri envoy Javanshir Akhundov and demanded
that his government prevent Mossad from using its territory to
launch operations against Iran.
The report said "terrorists" linked to the killings of
Iranian nuclear scientists escaped to Israel through
Iran has frequently accused Israel of having a hand in
the assassination of scientists such as Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan,
killed by a bomb in January.
Israel has hinted at covert campaigns against Iran
without directly admitting involvement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?