Iran supports Assad`s peace plan
Tehran: Iran Monday backed Syrian President Bashar al-Assad`s new peace initiative, rejected by the Syrian opposition and the West.
"Assad`s initiative includes solutions which stress end of violation and foreign interference in the country and describes a comprehensive political process which guarantees the presence of all voices in power based on the country`s national charter," said Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi.
On Sunday, Assad gave a speech proposing a plan to resolve the country`s crisis which includes a national reconciliation conference, the formation of a new government and an amnesty.
Iran has been a solid regional ally of Assad during the 21-month conflict in Syria which has claimed over 60,000 lives, according to the UN.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!