Iran supports Assad`s peace plan
Tehran: Iran Monday backed Syrian President Bashar al-Assad`s new peace initiative, rejected by the Syrian opposition and the West.
"Assad`s initiative includes solutions which stress end of violation and foreign interference in the country and describes a comprehensive political process which guarantees the presence of all voices in power based on the country`s national charter," said Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi.
On Sunday, Assad gave a speech proposing a plan to resolve the country`s crisis which includes a national reconciliation conference, the formation of a new government and an amnesty.
Iran has been a solid regional ally of Assad during the 21-month conflict in Syria which has claimed over 60,000 lives, according to the UN.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside