Iran supports Assad`s peace plan
Tehran: Iran Monday backed Syrian President Bashar al-Assad`s new peace initiative, rejected by the Syrian opposition and the West.
"Assad`s initiative includes solutions which stress end of violation and foreign interference in the country and describes a comprehensive political process which guarantees the presence of all voices in power based on the country`s national charter," said Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi.
On Sunday, Assad gave a speech proposing a plan to resolve the country`s crisis which includes a national reconciliation conference, the formation of a new government and an amnesty.
Iran has been a solid regional ally of Assad during the 21-month conflict in Syria which has claimed over 60,000 lives, according to the UN.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30