Iran supports peaceful settlement of Syrian crisis
Tehran: Iran has said it is in favour of peaceful settlement of the Syrian crisis, Xinhua reported.
"Tehran supports any well-intentioned move aimed at putting an end to the ongoing aggressions in Syria and restoration of peace and security in that country," said Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi.
The Islamic republic would spare no effort aimed at the restoration of peace and security in the Arab state, he said, adding Tehran would never allow "foreign prescription" for the Syrian issue.
The Syrian conflict has claimed around 40,000 lives since the uprising against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad started in March 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid