Iran supports peaceful settlement of Syrian crisis
Tehran: Iran has said it is in favour of peaceful settlement of the Syrian crisis, Xinhua reported.
"Tehran supports any well-intentioned move aimed at putting an end to the ongoing aggressions in Syria and restoration of peace and security in that country," said Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi.
The Islamic republic would spare no effort aimed at the restoration of peace and security in the Arab state, he said, adding Tehran would never allow "foreign prescription" for the Syrian issue.
The Syrian conflict has claimed around 40,000 lives since the uprising against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad started in March 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city