Iran temporarily bans pro-reform newspaper: Report
Tehran: Iran`s official news agency say that authorities have banned the pro-reform Etemaad daily for two months on the charges of insulting officials and "spreading lies".
The Sunday report by IRNA did not give any further details about the reasons for the ban.
The paper had run an interview with the press adviser to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Ali Akbar Javanfekr, on Saturday. Javanfekr criticised conservative opponents of Ahmadinejad for the arrest of dozens of the President`s allies over the past months.
Ahmadinejad and his opponents are at odds ahead of March Parliamentary Elections.
Etemaad has been banned several times over the past years. Iranian authorities have banned dozens of newspapers on similar charges over the past decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what