Iran temporarily bans pro-reform newspaper: Report
Tehran: Iran`s official news agency say that authorities have banned the pro-reform Etemaad daily for two months on the charges of insulting officials and "spreading lies".
The Sunday report by IRNA did not give any further details about the reasons for the ban.
The paper had run an interview with the press adviser to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Ali Akbar Javanfekr, on Saturday. Javanfekr criticised conservative opponents of Ahmadinejad for the arrest of dozens of the President`s allies over the past months.
Ahmadinejad and his opponents are at odds ahead of March Parliamentary Elections.
Etemaad has been banned several times over the past years. Iranian authorities have banned dozens of newspapers on similar charges over the past decade.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living