Iran test-fires missiles, torpedoes
Tehran: The Iranian Navy has "successfully" test-fired missiles and torpedoes in an ongoing naval drill, the official media reported.
The six-day drill dubbed Velayat 91 was launched Friday in southern Iran.
The latest version of the indigenously built surface-to-air medium-range Ra`d (Thunder) missile and the short-range cruise missile Nasr (Victory) were tested.
Nasr can destroy vessels of up to 3,000 tonnes, Defence Minister Ahmad Vahidi said.
The navy also successfully test-fired torpedoes by destroying targets, Xinhua quoted the Press TV as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says