Iran test-fires missiles, torpedoes
Tehran: The Iranian Navy has "successfully" test-fired missiles and torpedoes in an ongoing naval drill, the official media reported.
The six-day drill dubbed Velayat 91 was launched Friday in southern Iran.
The latest version of the indigenously built surface-to-air medium-range Ra`d (Thunder) missile and the short-range cruise missile Nasr (Victory) were tested.
Nasr can destroy vessels of up to 3,000 tonnes, Defence Minister Ahmad Vahidi said.
The navy also successfully test-fired torpedoes by destroying targets, Xinhua quoted the Press TV as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed