Iran test-fires missiles, torpedoes
Tehran: The Iranian Navy has "successfully" test-fired missiles and torpedoes in an ongoing naval drill, the official media reported.
The six-day drill dubbed Velayat 91 was launched Friday in southern Iran.
The latest version of the indigenously built surface-to-air medium-range Ra`d (Thunder) missile and the short-range cruise missile Nasr (Victory) were tested.
Nasr can destroy vessels of up to 3,000 tonnes, Defence Minister Ahmad Vahidi said.
The navy also successfully test-fired torpedoes by destroying targets, Xinhua quoted the Press TV as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested