`Iran test-fires short-range missiles`
Tehran: Iranian media say the military has test-fired several short-range missiles, including the type Palestinian militant Hamas group used to attack Tel Aviv last November.
Thursday`s report by the semi-official Fars news agency says the missiles were tested during an Army exercise in central Iran.
It says the missiles fired were Nazeat-10 and Fajr-5. During weeks of fighting in November, Gaza`s Hamas rulers fired Iranian-made Fajr-5 rockets that came close to Israel`s heartland, including the cities of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem for the first time.
Later, Iran admitted supplying Hamas with the technology to produce Fajr-5. The missile has a range of 75 kilometres, or 45 miles. The range of the Nazeat-10 missiles is about 100 kilometres, or 62 miles.
Iran regularly holds manoeuvre to test and promote its military power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi