`Iran test-fires short-range missiles`
Tehran: Iranian media say the military has test-fired several short-range missiles, including the type Palestinian militant Hamas group used to attack Tel Aviv last November.
Thursday`s report by the semi-official Fars news agency says the missiles were tested during an Army exercise in central Iran.
It says the missiles fired were Nazeat-10 and Fajr-5. During weeks of fighting in November, Gaza`s Hamas rulers fired Iranian-made Fajr-5 rockets that came close to Israel`s heartland, including the cities of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem for the first time.
Later, Iran admitted supplying Hamas with the technology to produce Fajr-5. The missile has a range of 75 kilometres, or 45 miles. The range of the Nazeat-10 missiles is about 100 kilometres, or 62 miles.
Iran regularly holds manoeuvre to test and promote its military power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared on May 25
- Virat Kohli has been advised rest by Team India physiotherapist after IPL 2016: Sandeep Patil
- We are looking at future of Indian cricket: Sandeep Patil on Yuvraj, Harbhajan's axing
- If you survive in Mumbai cricket, you get rewarded: Shardul Thakur on maiden Test call-up
- Shah Rukh Khan remembers his school days, wonders how time has changed! Details inside