Iran tests missile in display before nuclear talks
Tehran: Iran says it has test-fired an anti-aircraft missile near a nuclear site in a military display before talks resume with world powers over Tehran`s uranium enrichment program. The semi-official Fars news agency says the "Hawk" surface-to-air missile system was tested near Arak in central Iran,
where a research reactor is under construction.
The report on Wednesday gave no other details. US-made Hawk missiles were purchased by Iran before the 1979 Islamic Revolution, but Iran says it has made its own versions.
The test appeared to be designed to show Iran`s resolve to defend its nuclear sites.
Talks with the United States and five other world powers resume in Istanbul on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice