Iran tests missile in display before nuclear talks
Tehran: Iran says it has test-fired an anti-aircraft missile near a nuclear site in a military display before talks resume with world powers over Tehran`s uranium enrichment program. The semi-official Fars news agency says the "Hawk" surface-to-air missile system was tested near Arak in central Iran,
where a research reactor is under construction.
The report on Wednesday gave no other details. US-made Hawk missiles were purchased by Iran before the 1979 Islamic Revolution, but Iran says it has made its own versions.
The test appeared to be designed to show Iran`s resolve to defend its nuclear sites.
Talks with the United States and five other world powers resume in Istanbul on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan