Iran tests missile in display before nuclear talks
Tehran: Iran says it has test-fired an anti-aircraft missile near a nuclear site in a military display before talks resume with world powers over Tehran`s uranium enrichment program. The semi-official Fars news agency says the "Hawk" surface-to-air missile system was tested near Arak in central Iran,
where a research reactor is under construction.
The report on Wednesday gave no other details. US-made Hawk missiles were purchased by Iran before the 1979 Islamic Revolution, but Iran says it has made its own versions.
The test appeared to be designed to show Iran`s resolve to defend its nuclear sites.
Talks with the United States and five other world powers resume in Istanbul on Friday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij