Iran threatens to ‘raze’ Israeli cities if attacked
Washington: Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has warned that his country would annihilate the Israeli cities of Tel Aviv and Haifa if it were attacked by Israel, and also criticized the U.S. over nuclear talks.
Khamenei, in a speech broadcast live on state TV, said that Israel is too small to be called an enemy, and that the United States is the ‘center of animosity’ toward the Islamic republic.
According to Fox News, Khamenei said that if Israel attacked Iran, the ‘Islamic Republic will raze Tel Aviv and Haifa to the ground.’
Israel, which is believed to have the only nuclear weapons arsenal in the Mideast, has threatened to take military action against Iran if diplomacy fails to stop Iran’s alleged nuclear weapons program.
In the speech, Khamenei said he’s not opposed to direct talks with the U.S. to resolve its nuclear standoff with the West, the report said.
But he added that he’s not optimistic that such talks would yield results unless Washington stops imposing sanctions against the Islamic Republic, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster