Iran threatens to ‘raze’ Israeli cities if attacked
Washington: Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has warned that his country would annihilate the Israeli cities of Tel Aviv and Haifa if it were attacked by Israel, and also criticized the U.S. over nuclear talks.
Khamenei, in a speech broadcast live on state TV, said that Israel is too small to be called an enemy, and that the United States is the ‘center of animosity’ toward the Islamic republic.
According to Fox News, Khamenei said that if Israel attacked Iran, the ‘Islamic Republic will raze Tel Aviv and Haifa to the ground.’
Israel, which is believed to have the only nuclear weapons arsenal in the Mideast, has threatened to take military action against Iran if diplomacy fails to stop Iran’s alleged nuclear weapons program.
In the speech, Khamenei said he’s not opposed to direct talks with the U.S. to resolve its nuclear standoff with the West, the report said.
But he added that he’s not optimistic that such talks would yield results unless Washington stops imposing sanctions against the Islamic Republic, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31
- Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing to discuss North Korean missile test