Iran threatens to ‘raze’ Israeli cities if attacked
Washington: Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has warned that his country would annihilate the Israeli cities of Tel Aviv and Haifa if it were attacked by Israel, and also criticized the U.S. over nuclear talks.
Khamenei, in a speech broadcast live on state TV, said that Israel is too small to be called an enemy, and that the United States is the ‘center of animosity’ toward the Islamic republic.
According to Fox News, Khamenei said that if Israel attacked Iran, the ‘Islamic Republic will raze Tel Aviv and Haifa to the ground.’
Israel, which is believed to have the only nuclear weapons arsenal in the Mideast, has threatened to take military action against Iran if diplomacy fails to stop Iran’s alleged nuclear weapons program.
In the speech, Khamenei said he’s not opposed to direct talks with the U.S. to resolve its nuclear standoff with the West, the report said.
But he added that he’s not optimistic that such talks would yield results unless Washington stops imposing sanctions against the Islamic Republic, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'