Iran to back Syria against `foreign plots`
Tehran: Iran has said it will back Syria against any "foreign plots", Xinhua reported on Thursday.
During a meeting with the visiting Syrian Oil and Mineral Resources Minister, Said Hneidi, Iran`s Supreme National Security Council secretary Saeed Jalili said that the Islamic republic will back Syria against any "foreign plots", reported Press TV.
Jalili also said that a national dialogue held by different groups of people was the best and most effective solution to the Syrian crisis, as foreign intervention would only fuel the flames of war in the Arab nation.
"The Syrian nation has shown over the past years that it does not allow foreigners to control the affairs in this country and determine its destiny," Jalili added.
According to the US estimates, the Syrian conflict has claimed up to 30,000 lives since March 2011.
The West and some Arab countries are pushing for Assad`s ouster while Russia and China are trying to prevent outside interference in Syria, saying that the Assad regime and the opposition are both to blame for the bloodshed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone