Iran to back Syria against `foreign plots`
Tehran: Iran has said it will back Syria against any "foreign plots", Xinhua reported on Thursday.
During a meeting with the visiting Syrian Oil and Mineral Resources Minister, Said Hneidi, Iran`s Supreme National Security Council secretary Saeed Jalili said that the Islamic republic will back Syria against any "foreign plots", reported Press TV.
Jalili also said that a national dialogue held by different groups of people was the best and most effective solution to the Syrian crisis, as foreign intervention would only fuel the flames of war in the Arab nation.
"The Syrian nation has shown over the past years that it does not allow foreigners to control the affairs in this country and determine its destiny," Jalili added.
According to the US estimates, the Syrian conflict has claimed up to 30,000 lives since March 2011.
The West and some Arab countries are pushing for Assad`s ouster while Russia and China are trying to prevent outside interference in Syria, saying that the Assad regime and the opposition are both to blame for the bloodshed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ