Iran to back Syria against `foreign plots`
Tehran: Iran has said it will back Syria against any "foreign plots", Xinhua reported on Thursday.
During a meeting with the visiting Syrian Oil and Mineral Resources Minister, Said Hneidi, Iran`s Supreme National Security Council secretary Saeed Jalili said that the Islamic republic will back Syria against any "foreign plots", reported Press TV.
Jalili also said that a national dialogue held by different groups of people was the best and most effective solution to the Syrian crisis, as foreign intervention would only fuel the flames of war in the Arab nation.
"The Syrian nation has shown over the past years that it does not allow foreigners to control the affairs in this country and determine its destiny," Jalili added.
According to the US estimates, the Syrian conflict has claimed up to 30,000 lives since March 2011.
The West and some Arab countries are pushing for Assad`s ouster while Russia and China are trying to prevent outside interference in Syria, saying that the Assad regime and the opposition are both to blame for the bloodshed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town