Iran to back Syria against `foreign plots`
Tehran: Iran has said it will back Syria against any "foreign plots", Xinhua reported on Thursday.
During a meeting with the visiting Syrian Oil and Mineral Resources Minister, Said Hneidi, Iran`s Supreme National Security Council secretary Saeed Jalili said that the Islamic republic will back Syria against any "foreign plots", reported Press TV.
Jalili also said that a national dialogue held by different groups of people was the best and most effective solution to the Syrian crisis, as foreign intervention would only fuel the flames of war in the Arab nation.
"The Syrian nation has shown over the past years that it does not allow foreigners to control the affairs in this country and determine its destiny," Jalili added.
According to the US estimates, the Syrian conflict has claimed up to 30,000 lives since March 2011.
The West and some Arab countries are pushing for Assad`s ouster while Russia and China are trying to prevent outside interference in Syria, saying that the Assad regime and the opposition are both to blame for the bloodshed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur