Iran to build new missile, seaplane
Moscow: Iran will soon start manufacturing a new missile and an indigenous seaplane, Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi has said.
"The production line of high-precision missiles and armed flying boats (seaplanes) will be launched soon," Press TV quoted Vahidi as saying Wednesday.
He offered no timeline for the new products or their basic specifications.
Iran has been emphasising its ability to attain self-sufficiency in defence and produce important weapon systems domestically, especially after Russia scrapped a 2007 contract for S-300 surface-to-air missile systems.
Tehran has claimed it can manufacture an S-300 system on its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore