Iran to build new missile, seaplane
Moscow: Iran will soon start manufacturing a new missile and an indigenous seaplane, Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi has said.
"The production line of high-precision missiles and armed flying boats (seaplanes) will be launched soon," Press TV quoted Vahidi as saying Wednesday.
He offered no timeline for the new products or their basic specifications.
Iran has been emphasising its ability to attain self-sufficiency in defence and produce important weapon systems domestically, especially after Russia scrapped a 2007 contract for S-300 surface-to-air missile systems.
Tehran has claimed it can manufacture an S-300 system on its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom
- US Presidential Elections: Hillary Clinton takes lead over Donald Trump, new polls show
- Pope warns against `Balkanisation` of Europe after Brexit vote