Iran to build relations with BRIC
Tehran: Realizing the growing global
importance of BRIC group of nations, Iran hopes to build its
relations with them, a top official said.
Ali Agha-Mohammadi, a high-ranking economic planning
official in the Iranian Vice President`s Office, said that
international studies show that Brazil, Russia, India, and
China (BRIC) will emerge as dominant global economic powers in
the next five to ten years.
`BRIC`, a group of nations which has been tipped by
investment bank Goldman Sachs to surpass the current combine
of richest economies of the world by 2050, has just had an
annual meeting in Sanya, China. South Africa is the latest
entrant to the group with the name now being changed to BRICS.
Expanding ties with BRIC countries is Iran`s first
economic priority, and afterwards the country will make
efforts to strengthen economic relations with the other
countries of the Next Eleven (N-11) group, IRNA news agency
quoted him as saying on Monday.
The Next Eleven countries group include Bangladesh,
Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, the
Philippines, South Korea, Turkey, and Vietnam.
Goldman Sachs has identified the Next Eleven as
having a high potential of becoming, along with the BRICs, the
world`s largest economies in the 21st century.
Among the second group of countries, improving
relations with Turkey has special importance for Iran,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price