Iran to build relations with BRIC
Tehran: Realizing the growing global
importance of BRIC group of nations, Iran hopes to build its
relations with them, a top official said.
Ali Agha-Mohammadi, a high-ranking economic planning
official in the Iranian Vice President`s Office, said that
international studies show that Brazil, Russia, India, and
China (BRIC) will emerge as dominant global economic powers in
the next five to ten years.
`BRIC`, a group of nations which has been tipped by
investment bank Goldman Sachs to surpass the current combine
of richest economies of the world by 2050, has just had an
annual meeting in Sanya, China. South Africa is the latest
entrant to the group with the name now being changed to BRICS.
Expanding ties with BRIC countries is Iran`s first
economic priority, and afterwards the country will make
efforts to strengthen economic relations with the other
countries of the Next Eleven (N-11) group, IRNA news agency
quoted him as saying on Monday.
The Next Eleven countries group include Bangladesh,
Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, the
Philippines, South Korea, Turkey, and Vietnam.
Goldman Sachs has identified the Next Eleven as
having a high potential of becoming, along with the BRICs, the
world`s largest economies in the 21st century.
Among the second group of countries, improving
relations with Turkey has special importance for Iran,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea