Iran to build relations with BRIC
Tehran: Realizing the growing global
importance of BRIC group of nations, Iran hopes to build its
relations with them, a top official said.
Ali Agha-Mohammadi, a high-ranking economic planning
official in the Iranian Vice President`s Office, said that
international studies show that Brazil, Russia, India, and
China (BRIC) will emerge as dominant global economic powers in
the next five to ten years.
`BRIC`, a group of nations which has been tipped by
investment bank Goldman Sachs to surpass the current combine
of richest economies of the world by 2050, has just had an
annual meeting in Sanya, China. South Africa is the latest
entrant to the group with the name now being changed to BRICS.
Expanding ties with BRIC countries is Iran`s first
economic priority, and afterwards the country will make
efforts to strengthen economic relations with the other
countries of the Next Eleven (N-11) group, IRNA news agency
quoted him as saying on Monday.
The Next Eleven countries group include Bangladesh,
Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, the
Philippines, South Korea, Turkey, and Vietnam.
Goldman Sachs has identified the Next Eleven as
having a high potential of becoming, along with the BRICs, the
world`s largest economies in the 21st century.
Among the second group of countries, improving
relations with Turkey has special importance for Iran,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog