Iran to `confront` opposition groups: Khamenei
Tehran: Iran`s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warned opposition groups they will be "confronted" if they jeopardise the nation`s security, in an address during Friday prayers in Tehran.
"Those who draw swords against the regime will be confronted," Khamenei, who has the final say on all national issues, said as he led the weekly Muslim prayers at Tehran university.
"Differences of views should not lead to conflicts ... the policy of the regime is to work with the majority. But if opposition groups have ideas that are against the nation`s security and the principles of the regime, they will be confronted," he said.
The Islamic republic is engulfed in its worst crisis following the disputed re-election of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in the June 12 poll, which his rivals claim was the result of massive vote rigging.
The all-powerful Khamenei has steadfastly defended Ahmadinejad`s victory.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!