Iran to debate suing US over 1953 coup support
Tehran: Iran`s parliament has approved fast tracking debate on a bill that seeks to sue the US for its involvement in the 1953 coup attack that overthrew the country`s democratically elected prime minister.
Lawmakers will begin deliberations tomorrow over how to launch a formal complaint accusing the US government of intervening in Iran`s internal affairs and inflicting damages on the Persian state. The 290-seat house approved the urgent debate of the bill today in a session broadcast on state radio.
New declassified documents revealed recently offer more details of how the CIA orchestrated the overthrow of Iranian Prime Minister Mohammed Mossadegh 60 years ago.
The coup restored the oppressive regime of Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. He was overthrown in the 1979 Iranian revolution by followers of the late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!