Iran to develop missile defence system
Tehran: Iranian Defence Minister Brig Gen Ahmad Vahidi has said Iran plans to develop a missile defence system that is similar to Russia`s S-300 system.
Asked if Iran has plans to produce an S-300 defence system, Vahidi said on Wednesday: "We don`t need to produce the S-300 system, but we have plans on the agenda to produce similar weapons."
He said Iran has already developed a medium-range air defence system. "All parts of the system have been domestically produced," he added.
"The system has three radars and a domestically-produced missile that has high agility and a range of more than 40 km," Iranian state-run Press TV quoted Vahidi as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?