Iran to file complaint against US, EU over sanctions
Moscow: Iran will file a complaint against the US and the European Union (EU) for imposing unilateral sanctions on the country without the approval of the UN Security Council, Press TV reported.
"The complaint will be registered and pursued soon based on international regulations," said Majid Jafarzadeh, head of the Presidential Center for International Legal Affairs.
Jafarzadeh said the centre that he runs was established to provide consultations to ministries and state bodies as well as to individuals who had been arrested for countering the sanctions.
The official, however, did not specify to which judiciary body Iran would file the claim.
Western nations suspect Iran, which is already under four sets of UN Security Council sanctions, of pursuing a secret nuclear weapons programme but Tehran insists it needs nuclear power solely for civilian purposes.
In the beginning of 2012, the 27-nation EU, which stands for 18 percent of Iranian oil exports, introduced an oil embargo on the country, that came into force July 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!