Iran to get full control of Bushehr in December
Moscow: Iran will be on its own with its first nuclear power plant after Russia officially hands Bushehr over at the end of December, a Russian project manager said.
The station began operating at full capacity Aug 31 as the reactor of Bushehr`s Unit 1 was brought up to 100 percent of its projected capacity.
"We believe that the unit will be transferred to the client in the last week of December," Russian contractor Atomstroyexport`s Iran construction chief Igor Mezenin said.
Before that time, a number of trials are to be completed, he added.
Construction of Bushehr began in the 1970s but has been dogged by delays. Russia signed a billion-dollar deal with Tehran to complete the plant in 1998.
The plant`s launch in August 2010 prompted Israel and other nations to express fears the reactor could help Iran create an atomic bomb. Tehran has denied the allegations, saying the facility was for peaceful power generation only.
The plant was connected to Iran`s power grid in September 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader