Iran to host global meet against nukes, WMDs
Tehran: Iran will host an international conference in April or May on the fight against nuclear weapons and weapons of mass destruction, the Foreign Ministry said on Sunday.
Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehman-Parast said the conference is intended to show Tehran`s willingness to cooperate in the global fight to destroy weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear weapons, Xinhua reported citing state-run IRNA news agency.
Iran has invited scholars and experts of various countries to participate in the event, he said, adding the move is another step by the Islamic republic towards fighting against production and proliferation of nuclear weapons.
"We believe if those countries that have concerns about the use of nuclear weapons demonstrate a realistic commitment to disarmament, we would witness a world void of nuclear weapons," he said.
Mehman-Parast`s remarks came amid Western accusations that Iran is covertly building nuclear weapons. Tehran says its nuclear programme is to generate electricity for civilian use.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?