Iran to use UAVs to guard its borders
Tehran: Iran has plans to equip all of its border areas with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) within next few months, said Iran`s police chief Esmail Ahmadi-Moqaddam said on Sunday, Xinhua reported.
In Tehran, nine remote-controlled drones have already been purchased, and ten others will be bought in the near future, Ahmadi-Moqaddam told reporters.
The commander added that the police aviation personnel were receiving training to operate the drones, a Press TV report said.
The drones are to carry out reconnaissance missions in the desert areas of the eastern Iran near the border with Afghanistan, as part of Iran`s campaign against narcotics and drug-trafficking, Ahmadi-Moqaddam was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest