Iran to use UAVs to guard its borders
Tehran: Iran has plans to equip all of its border areas with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) within next few months, said Iran`s police chief Esmail Ahmadi-Moqaddam said on Sunday, Xinhua reported.
In Tehran, nine remote-controlled drones have already been purchased, and ten others will be bought in the near future, Ahmadi-Moqaddam told reporters.
The commander added that the police aviation personnel were receiving training to operate the drones, a Press TV report said.
The drones are to carry out reconnaissance missions in the desert areas of the eastern Iran near the border with Afghanistan, as part of Iran`s campaign against narcotics and drug-trafficking, Ahmadi-Moqaddam was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere