Iran to use UAVs to guard its borders
Tehran: Iran has plans to equip all of its border areas with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) within next few months, said Iran`s police chief Esmail Ahmadi-Moqaddam said on Sunday, Xinhua reported.
In Tehran, nine remote-controlled drones have already been purchased, and ten others will be bought in the near future, Ahmadi-Moqaddam told reporters.
The commander added that the police aviation personnel were receiving training to operate the drones, a Press TV report said.
The drones are to carry out reconnaissance missions in the desert areas of the eastern Iran near the border with Afghanistan, as part of Iran`s campaign against narcotics and drug-trafficking, Ahmadi-Moqaddam was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Juno probe to make its closest approach to Jupiter tomorrow!
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why
- Marijuana compound may improve night vision
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official