Iran to use UAVs to guard its borders
Tehran: Iran has plans to equip all of its border areas with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) within next few months, said Iran`s police chief Esmail Ahmadi-Moqaddam said on Sunday, Xinhua reported.
In Tehran, nine remote-controlled drones have already been purchased, and ten others will be bought in the near future, Ahmadi-Moqaddam told reporters.
The commander added that the police aviation personnel were receiving training to operate the drones, a Press TV report said.
The drones are to carry out reconnaissance missions in the desert areas of the eastern Iran near the border with Afghanistan, as part of Iran`s campaign against narcotics and drug-trafficking, Ahmadi-Moqaddam was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad