Iran, UN envoy want political solution to Syrian crisis
Tehran: Iranian Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi and UN-Arab League joint special representative to Syria Lakhdar Brahimi have stressed the need for a political solution to the ongoing Syrian crisis.
Salehi and Brahimi, during a telephonic conversation Wednesday, called on all sides to throw their weight behind a negotiated solution to the unrest in the Arab country, Xinhua reported Thursday.
The Iranian foreign minister praised Brahimi for his efforts to end the crisis in Syria and invited the envoy to visit Tehran for further talks on the issue.
For his part, Brahimi thanked Salehi for his invitation and urged Tehran`s active participation in solving the Syrian crisis.
The Islamic republic, the main regional ally of the Syrian government, has condemned foreign intervention and terrorists` involvement in the Syrian conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?