Iran undecided over nuclear weapon: Panetta
Washington: Iran is enriching uranium but
that it has not made a decision on whether to proceed with
development of an atomic bomb, US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta has said.
"I think they`re developing a nuclear capability. Our
intelligence makes clear that they haven`t made the decision
to develop a nuclear weapon itself," Panetta told lawmakers at
a Congressional hearing in response to a question from Senator
"Yes," Panetta said when asked by Graham if he feels
confident that US has the ability, if necessary, militarily to
deal with the Iranian threat.
Gen Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of
Staff, said that the Iranian regime is dangerously misguided.
"Look at its behaviour. It protects itself, it loathes
its neighbours, it interferes with its neighbours, it
threatens its neighbours, and it disregards its own citizens,"
"My view of this is we can`t afford to underestimate our
potential adversaries by writing them off as irrational.
That`s kind of the juxtaposition of the phrase," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says