Iran undecided over nuclear weapon: Panetta
Washington: Iran is enriching uranium but
that it has not made a decision on whether to proceed with
development of an atomic bomb, US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta has said.
"I think they`re developing a nuclear capability. Our
intelligence makes clear that they haven`t made the decision
to develop a nuclear weapon itself," Panetta told lawmakers at
a Congressional hearing in response to a question from Senator
"Yes," Panetta said when asked by Graham if he feels
confident that US has the ability, if necessary, militarily to
deal with the Iranian threat.
Gen Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of
Staff, said that the Iranian regime is dangerously misguided.
"Look at its behaviour. It protects itself, it loathes
its neighbours, it interferes with its neighbours, it
threatens its neighbours, and it disregards its own citizens,"
"My view of this is we can`t afford to underestimate our
potential adversaries by writing them off as irrational.
That`s kind of the juxtaposition of the phrase," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday