Iran undecided over nuclear weapon: Panetta
Washington: Iran is enriching uranium but
that it has not made a decision on whether to proceed with
development of an atomic bomb, US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta has said.
"I think they`re developing a nuclear capability. Our
intelligence makes clear that they haven`t made the decision
to develop a nuclear weapon itself," Panetta told lawmakers at
a Congressional hearing in response to a question from Senator
"Yes," Panetta said when asked by Graham if he feels
confident that US has the ability, if necessary, militarily to
deal with the Iranian threat.
Gen Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of
Staff, said that the Iranian regime is dangerously misguided.
"Look at its behaviour. It protects itself, it loathes
its neighbours, it interferes with its neighbours, it
threatens its neighbours, and it disregards its own citizens,"
"My view of this is we can`t afford to underestimate our
potential adversaries by writing them off as irrational.
That`s kind of the juxtaposition of the phrase," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them