Iran unveils cruise missiles, US bases in range
Dubai: Iran on Tuesday unveiled a new cruise
missile which it said has the capability to strike at warships
at a range of 200 kms, including US bases in the Persian Gulf
The missile designed for sea targets was put on display at
a `defence marine show` inaugurated by President Mahmoud
Ahmadinejad, Iranian TV reported.
The missile called "Qader" (Able) is built indigenously by
Iranian scientists and has a high destructive ability against
coastal targets and warships, the state run TV said.
It said, that Ahmadinejad also made public a new torpedo
system called "Valfair", fired from submarine. Both the weapon
systems were tested successfully.
Iran now claims, it has an array of short and medium range
ballistic missile capable of reaching targets at almost every
end of the strategic Persian Gulf, including US bases of the
Cruising at a low height with high precision in acquiring
its targets are among other features of the relatively
lightweight Qader missile, it said.
Iran`s Defence Ministry manufactured Bonyan 1 marine
engine to provide the country`s naval forces with the
The torpedo is one of the most complicated marine weapons,
which plays a key role in promoting Iran`s naval capabilities
and the efficiency of vessels and submarines.
In January, Iran`s Defence Ministry delivered new cruise
missile systems to the Navy, which are capable of spotting and
destroying various targets at sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP