Iran unveils home-made missiles
Tehran: Iran Wednesday unveiled two domestically manufactured air-launched missiles, Press TV reported.
"By building these missiles for the first time in the country, not only will the fighter jets of our country`s air force be equipped with advanced missiles, but their operational and deterrence power will also increase considerably," Defence Minister Hossein Dehqan was quoted as saying by the channel, Xinhua reported.
While air-launched Qader (mighty) missile has a range of over 200 km, the air-launched Nasr (victory) missile can strike targets in the range of over 35 km, the minister said.
The missiles enjoy high-precision capability, especially in targeting vessels, high destruction power as well as high resistance against radio jamming, and they can be fired quickly by fighter jets even at low altitudes, he added.
Iran`s army will also unveil a domestically made unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) in near future, Commander of the Iranian Army`s Ground Forces Brigadier General Ahmad-Reza Pourdastan said Wednesday.
The remote-controlled aircraft Yasir, which has high flight capabilities and has been jointly designed and mass-produced by experts at the defence ministry and the army`s ground forces, will be unveiled in an official ceremony Sep 28, said Pourdastan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview