Iran unveils home-made missiles
Tehran: Iran Wednesday unveiled two domestically manufactured air-launched missiles, Press TV reported.
"By building these missiles for the first time in the country, not only will the fighter jets of our country`s air force be equipped with advanced missiles, but their operational and deterrence power will also increase considerably," Defence Minister Hossein Dehqan was quoted as saying by the channel, Xinhua reported.
While air-launched Qader (mighty) missile has a range of over 200 km, the air-launched Nasr (victory) missile can strike targets in the range of over 35 km, the minister said.
The missiles enjoy high-precision capability, especially in targeting vessels, high destruction power as well as high resistance against radio jamming, and they can be fired quickly by fighter jets even at low altitudes, he added.
Iran`s army will also unveil a domestically made unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) in near future, Commander of the Iranian Army`s Ground Forces Brigadier General Ahmad-Reza Pourdastan said Wednesday.
The remote-controlled aircraft Yasir, which has high flight capabilities and has been jointly designed and mass-produced by experts at the defence ministry and the army`s ground forces, will be unveiled in an official ceremony Sep 28, said Pourdastan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand