Iran unveils home-made missiles
Tehran: Iran Wednesday unveiled two domestically manufactured air-launched missiles, Press TV reported.
"By building these missiles for the first time in the country, not only will the fighter jets of our country`s air force be equipped with advanced missiles, but their operational and deterrence power will also increase considerably," Defence Minister Hossein Dehqan was quoted as saying by the channel, Xinhua reported.
While air-launched Qader (mighty) missile has a range of over 200 km, the air-launched Nasr (victory) missile can strike targets in the range of over 35 km, the minister said.
The missiles enjoy high-precision capability, especially in targeting vessels, high destruction power as well as high resistance against radio jamming, and they can be fired quickly by fighter jets even at low altitudes, he added.
Iran`s army will also unveil a domestically made unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) in near future, Commander of the Iranian Army`s Ground Forces Brigadier General Ahmad-Reza Pourdastan said Wednesday.
The remote-controlled aircraft Yasir, which has high flight capabilities and has been jointly designed and mass-produced by experts at the defence ministry and the army`s ground forces, will be unveiled in an official ceremony Sep 28, said Pourdastan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state