Iran unveils indigenous combat chopper
Tehran: Iran has unveiled its latest combat chopper Toufan II that features the country`s "latest achievements in electronics, optics, laser and armament capabilities", state media reported.
The chopper was unveiled on Wednesday at a ceremony attended by Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi, Xinhua reported citing Press TV.
Vahidi said the chopper belongs to a new generation of combat helicopters and features modern and advanced technologies, including high-precision targeting capability.
Toufan II employs Iran`s latest indigenous achievements in electronics, optics, laser and armament capabilities, the minister said.
The production of the chopper was a symbol of the creativity and self-sufficiency in the face of sanctions from other countries, he said.
The Iranian armed forces will boost the combat power of the chopper once mass production begins, he said.
In December 2012, Iran unveiled the Panha I and II helicopters designed to conduct military operations and logistic missions, according to Press TV.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report