Iran unveils indigenous combat chopper
Tehran: Iran has unveiled its latest combat chopper Toufan II that features the country`s "latest achievements in electronics, optics, laser and armament capabilities", state media reported.
The chopper was unveiled on Wednesday at a ceremony attended by Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi, Xinhua reported citing Press TV.
Vahidi said the chopper belongs to a new generation of combat helicopters and features modern and advanced technologies, including high-precision targeting capability.
Toufan II employs Iran`s latest indigenous achievements in electronics, optics, laser and armament capabilities, the minister said.
The production of the chopper was a symbol of the creativity and self-sufficiency in the face of sanctions from other countries, he said.
The Iranian armed forces will boost the combat power of the chopper once mass production begins, he said.
In December 2012, Iran unveiled the Panha I and II helicopters designed to conduct military operations and logistic missions, according to Press TV.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE