Iran unveils indigenous combat chopper
Tehran: Iran has unveiled its latest combat chopper Toufan II that features the country`s "latest achievements in electronics, optics, laser and armament capabilities", state media reported.
The chopper was unveiled on Wednesday at a ceremony attended by Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi, Xinhua reported citing Press TV.
Vahidi said the chopper belongs to a new generation of combat helicopters and features modern and advanced technologies, including high-precision targeting capability.
Toufan II employs Iran`s latest indigenous achievements in electronics, optics, laser and armament capabilities, the minister said.
The production of the chopper was a symbol of the creativity and self-sufficiency in the face of sanctions from other countries, he said.
The Iranian armed forces will boost the combat power of the chopper once mass production begins, he said.
In December 2012, Iran unveiled the Panha I and II helicopters designed to conduct military operations and logistic missions, according to Press TV.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack