Iran unveils indigenous combat chopper
Tehran: Iran has unveiled its latest combat chopper Toufan II that features the country`s "latest achievements in electronics, optics, laser and armament capabilities", state media reported.
The chopper was unveiled on Wednesday at a ceremony attended by Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi, Xinhua reported citing Press TV.
Vahidi said the chopper belongs to a new generation of combat helicopters and features modern and advanced technologies, including high-precision targeting capability.
Toufan II employs Iran`s latest indigenous achievements in electronics, optics, laser and armament capabilities, the minister said.
The production of the chopper was a symbol of the creativity and self-sufficiency in the face of sanctions from other countries, he said.
The Iranian armed forces will boost the combat power of the chopper once mass production begins, he said.
In December 2012, Iran unveiled the Panha I and II helicopters designed to conduct military operations and logistic missions, according to Press TV.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?