Iran unveils indigenous combat chopper
Tehran: Iran has unveiled its latest combat chopper Toufan II that features the country`s "latest achievements in electronics, optics, laser and armament capabilities", state media reported.
The chopper was unveiled on Wednesday at a ceremony attended by Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi, Xinhua reported citing Press TV.
Vahidi said the chopper belongs to a new generation of combat helicopters and features modern and advanced technologies, including high-precision targeting capability.
Toufan II employs Iran`s latest indigenous achievements in electronics, optics, laser and armament capabilities, the minister said.
The production of the chopper was a symbol of the creativity and self-sufficiency in the face of sanctions from other countries, he said.
The Iranian armed forces will boost the combat power of the chopper once mass production begins, he said.
In December 2012, Iran unveiled the Panha I and II helicopters designed to conduct military operations and logistic missions, according to Press TV.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days