Iran unveils new indigenous fighter jet
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Saturday unveiled a new indigenous fighter jet, media reports said.
Iran`s advancement in military sector does not aim at "expansionism and violating others` rights", however, it will be utilized for "defensive and deterrence" purposes, Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by semi-official ISNA news agency in a ceremony held here.
The advanced fighter jet, named Qaher-313 (Conqueror-313), which has been designed and built by the Iranian experts, can fly at low altitudes, Iranian Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said on the sidelines of the ceremony, according to semi-official Mehr news agency.
The bomber can carry a payload of domestic weapons and ammunition and enjoys low radar-detecting surface, Xinhu quoted Vahidi as saying.
Another feature of this fighter is "advanced unique hydroelectric system", said Vahidi.
The new single-seat bomber has the ability to track down enemy aircraft, engage in combat and target locations on the ground.
Qaher 313 is the third generation of Iranian fighter jets built by Iranian defense ministry since the victory of Islamic revolution in 1979.
Azarakhsh (Lightning) is Iran`s first indigenously-manufactured combat jet which was delivered to Iran Air Force in 2007.
Saeqeh (Thunderbolt) fighter jet is a follow-up aircraft, derived from the Azarakhsh. Iran unveiled its first squadron of Saeqeh fighter-bombers in an air show in September 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks