Iran unveils new indigenous fighter jet
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Saturday unveiled a new indigenous fighter jet, media reports said.
Iran`s advancement in military sector does not aim at "expansionism and violating others` rights", however, it will be utilized for "defensive and deterrence" purposes, Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by semi-official ISNA news agency in a ceremony held here.
The advanced fighter jet, named Qaher-313 (Conqueror-313), which has been designed and built by the Iranian experts, can fly at low altitudes, Iranian Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said on the sidelines of the ceremony, according to semi-official Mehr news agency.
The bomber can carry a payload of domestic weapons and ammunition and enjoys low radar-detecting surface, Xinhu quoted Vahidi as saying.
Another feature of this fighter is "advanced unique hydroelectric system", said Vahidi.
The new single-seat bomber has the ability to track down enemy aircraft, engage in combat and target locations on the ground.
Qaher 313 is the third generation of Iranian fighter jets built by Iranian defense ministry since the victory of Islamic revolution in 1979.
Azarakhsh (Lightning) is Iran`s first indigenously-manufactured combat jet which was delivered to Iran Air Force in 2007.
Saeqeh (Thunderbolt) fighter jet is a follow-up aircraft, derived from the Azarakhsh. Iran unveiled its first squadron of Saeqeh fighter-bombers in an air show in September 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery