Iran vows to react swiftly to any Israeli attack
Tehran: Iran`s reaction to any threat and aggression of Israel against its territory will be very swift and crushing, according to IRNA news agency.
Israeli media has reported Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has decided to launch an attack on Iran`s nuclear facilities sometime this autumn.
Talking to IRNA, the commander, Brigadier General Amir-Ali Hajizadeh said if the Zionists embark on practising their threats, they would provide "the best opportunity for the destruction of Israel", Xinhua reported.
"The threatening remarks made by the Zionist regime`s leaders ahead of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Summit in Tehran as well as ahead the US presidential elections are more of a propaganda and psychological warfare," he said
Iran is under tremendous western pressures to halt its controversial nuclear programme which Tehran insists is of "peaceful and civilian nature".
Western countries, including the US and Israel, suspect the Iranian nuclear activities and claim that the Islamic republic is pushing its nuclear programme for weapon-grade activities. The US and Israel have not ruled out the possibility to attack Iranian nuclear facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!