Iran vows to react swiftly to any Israeli attack
Tehran: Iran`s reaction to any threat and aggression of Israel against its territory will be very swift and crushing, according to IRNA news agency.
Israeli media has reported Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has decided to launch an attack on Iran`s nuclear facilities sometime this autumn.
Talking to IRNA, the commander, Brigadier General Amir-Ali Hajizadeh said if the Zionists embark on practising their threats, they would provide "the best opportunity for the destruction of Israel", Xinhua reported.
"The threatening remarks made by the Zionist regime`s leaders ahead of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Summit in Tehran as well as ahead the US presidential elections are more of a propaganda and psychological warfare," he said
Iran is under tremendous western pressures to halt its controversial nuclear programme which Tehran insists is of "peaceful and civilian nature".
Western countries, including the US and Israel, suspect the Iranian nuclear activities and claim that the Islamic republic is pushing its nuclear programme for weapon-grade activities. The US and Israel have not ruled out the possibility to attack Iranian nuclear facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days