Iran wants talks, under spectre of possible war
Tehran: Iran is to host a high-level team
from the UN nuclear watchdog on Monday as part of efforts to
defuse dire international tensions over its atomic activities
But other words being spoken in Israel, the United States
and Britain -- and Iran`s defiant moves to boost its nuclear
activities -- underlined the prospect of possible Israeli
military action against the Islamic republic.
Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi on Sunday said his
country was keen to quickly resume mooted talks with world
powers, once a place and date were agreed.
The last talks collapsed in Istanbul in January 2011, but
Iran has responded positively to an EU offer to look at
"We are looking for a mechanism for a solution for the
nuclear issue in a way that it is win-win for both sides,"
But he added that Iran remained prepared for a "worst-case
Such a scenario -- war -- remained very much the subtext
of a visit to Israel today by US National Security Advisor Tom
Israel has been gripped by feverish speculation in recent
weeks that it is closer to mounting a pre-emptive strike on
Iran`s nuclear programme, though Tel Aviv has denied reaching
such a decision.
Israel`s calculations will have taken into account an
announcement by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad last
Tuesday that his scientists were boosting uranium enrichment,
notably by adding 3,000 more centrifuges to a facility at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly