Iran war games showed missile accuracy: Reports
Tehran: Iranian media reports say war games this month showed missiles with improved accuracy and firing capabilities.
The reports say this adds to Iran`s deterrence.
Iran`s powerful Revolutionary Guards conducted the exercise in the central desert. The targets were models of foreign military bases, and the stated goal was to show that Iran`s missiles can hit Western bases and Israel.
This comes as the West steps up its sanctions aimed at curtailing Iran`s nuclear program. The West believes Iran may be aiming to produce nuclear weapons. Iran denies that.
The reports on Friday said 90 per cent of the missiles hit their targets. Missiles could be fired within seconds of each other, and some used solid fuel.
Last month the Pentagon released a report noting that Iran has improved its missile capabilities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels