Iran war games showed missile accuracy: Reports
Tehran: Iranian media reports say war games this month showed missiles with improved accuracy and firing capabilities.
The reports say this adds to Iran`s deterrence.
Iran`s powerful Revolutionary Guards conducted the exercise in the central desert. The targets were models of foreign military bases, and the stated goal was to show that Iran`s missiles can hit Western bases and Israel.
This comes as the West steps up its sanctions aimed at curtailing Iran`s nuclear program. The West believes Iran may be aiming to produce nuclear weapons. Iran denies that.
The reports on Friday said 90 per cent of the missiles hit their targets. Missiles could be fired within seconds of each other, and some used solid fuel.
Last month the Pentagon released a report noting that Iran has improved its missile capabilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog