Iran war games showed missile accuracy: Reports
Tehran: Iranian media reports say war games this month showed missiles with improved accuracy and firing capabilities.
The reports say this adds to Iran`s deterrence.
Iran`s powerful Revolutionary Guards conducted the exercise in the central desert. The targets were models of foreign military bases, and the stated goal was to show that Iran`s missiles can hit Western bases and Israel.
This comes as the West steps up its sanctions aimed at curtailing Iran`s nuclear program. The West believes Iran may be aiming to produce nuclear weapons. Iran denies that.
The reports on Friday said 90 per cent of the missiles hit their targets. Missiles could be fired within seconds of each other, and some used solid fuel.
Last month the Pentagon released a report noting that Iran has improved its missile capabilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29