Iran war games showed missile accuracy: Reports
Tehran: Iranian media reports say war games this month showed missiles with improved accuracy and firing capabilities.
The reports say this adds to Iran`s deterrence.
Iran`s powerful Revolutionary Guards conducted the exercise in the central desert. The targets were models of foreign military bases, and the stated goal was to show that Iran`s missiles can hit Western bases and Israel.
This comes as the West steps up its sanctions aimed at curtailing Iran`s nuclear program. The West believes Iran may be aiming to produce nuclear weapons. Iran denies that.
The reports on Friday said 90 per cent of the missiles hit their targets. Missiles could be fired within seconds of each other, and some used solid fuel.
Last month the Pentagon released a report noting that Iran has improved its missile capabilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH