Iran warns domestic media on opposition coverage
Tehran: Iran has warned domestic media outlets they will be banned if they continue reporting on the country`s opposition leaders.
Ehsan Qazizadeh, director of local media at the Ministry of Culture, says those that publish statements and photographs of the "leaders of the plot", as the government
refers to the opposition , will be given a warning first.
Qazizadeh says if they continue with such reports, they "will be banned and their licenses revoked". His remarks, carried today by the state IRNA news agency, were the strongest warning so far to Iran`s pro-reform media.
In August, authorities had asked media outlets to shun coverage of opposition leaders.
The opposition claims Mahmoud Ahmadinejad won the 2009 presidential election through massive fraud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you