Iran warns domestic media on opposition coverage
Tehran: Iran has warned domestic media outlets they will be banned if they continue reporting on the country`s opposition leaders.
Ehsan Qazizadeh, director of local media at the Ministry of Culture, says those that publish statements and photographs of the "leaders of the plot", as the government
refers to the opposition , will be given a warning first.
Qazizadeh says if they continue with such reports, they "will be banned and their licenses revoked". His remarks, carried today by the state IRNA news agency, were the strongest warning so far to Iran`s pro-reform media.
In August, authorities had asked media outlets to shun coverage of opposition leaders.
The opposition claims Mahmoud Ahmadinejad won the 2009 presidential election through massive fraud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city