Iran warns Google over changing Persian Gulf`s name
Tehran: Iran on Thursday warned the US-based Google company of legal action over using "alternative words" for the Persian Gulf on its online map service, a media report said.
Google recently dropped the name of the Persian Gulf from the body of water separating Iran from the Arabian Peninsula, and left it nameless on its online map service.
"Toying with modern technologies in political issues is among the new measures adopted by the enemies against Iran, (and) in this regard, Google has been treated as a plaything," Xinhua quoted Foreign Ministry spokesperson Ramin Mehmanparast as saying.
He cautioned the company against sustaining serious damage if it avoids "the proper" use of the name "Persian Gulf".
"Omitting the name Persian Gulf is (like) playing with the feelings and realities of the Iranian nation," the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16