Iran warns Google over changing Persian Gulf`s name
Tehran: Iran on Thursday warned the US-based Google company of legal action over using "alternative words" for the Persian Gulf on its online map service, a media report said.
Google recently dropped the name of the Persian Gulf from the body of water separating Iran from the Arabian Peninsula, and left it nameless on its online map service.
"Toying with modern technologies in political issues is among the new measures adopted by the enemies against Iran, (and) in this regard, Google has been treated as a plaything," Xinhua quoted Foreign Ministry spokesperson Ramin Mehmanparast as saying.
He cautioned the company against sustaining serious damage if it avoids "the proper" use of the name "Persian Gulf".
"Omitting the name Persian Gulf is (like) playing with the feelings and realities of the Iranian nation," the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming