Iran warns Hamas against `compromise` with Israel
Tehran: Iran`s supreme leader Ali Khamenei
on Sunday warned the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas against
any "compromise" in its fight against Tehran`s nemesis Israel,
his official website reported.
"Always be wary of infiltration by the compromisers in a
resistance organisation, which will gradually weaken it,"
Khamenei told the visiting Hamas Gaza Prime Minister Ismail
Haniya, according to the leader.ir website.
"We have no doubt about your resistance and that of many
of your brothers, and the people only have this expectation of
you," said Khamenei, reaffirming that Iran "will always be
alongside the Palestinian resistance."
Khamenei`s comments come as divisions within Hamas have
emerged on a possible overhaul of the organisation`s strategy.
Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal signed an agreement with
Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas earlier this month placing
Abbas at the head of an interim government charged with
organising elections later this year.
The agreement struck by Meshaal`s foreign-based
leadership with Abbas`s Fatah faction has run into serious
opposition from Hamas members inside the Gaza Strip, which the
movement has controlled since ousting the president`s
loyalists in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- 7th Pay Commission: BSNL retirees seek salary benefits
- Kasi Bennett: Everything you wanted to know about Usain Bolt's girlfriend
- Three held in France in August for planning attacks: Minister
- Some officers creating hurdles in govt schemes: Akhilesh Yadav
- Snapdeal lines up Rs 200 cr marketing blitz for festive season