Iran warns Hamas against `compromise` with Israel
Tehran: Iran`s supreme leader Ali Khamenei
on Sunday warned the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas against
any "compromise" in its fight against Tehran`s nemesis Israel,
his official website reported.
"Always be wary of infiltration by the compromisers in a
resistance organisation, which will gradually weaken it,"
Khamenei told the visiting Hamas Gaza Prime Minister Ismail
Haniya, according to the leader.ir website.
"We have no doubt about your resistance and that of many
of your brothers, and the people only have this expectation of
you," said Khamenei, reaffirming that Iran "will always be
alongside the Palestinian resistance."
Khamenei`s comments come as divisions within Hamas have
emerged on a possible overhaul of the organisation`s strategy.
Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal signed an agreement with
Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas earlier this month placing
Abbas at the head of an interim government charged with
organising elections later this year.
The agreement struck by Meshaal`s foreign-based
leadership with Abbas`s Fatah faction has run into serious
opposition from Hamas members inside the Gaza Strip, which the
movement has controlled since ousting the president`s
loyalists in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?