Iran warns Hamas against `compromise` with Israel
Tehran: Iran`s supreme leader Ali Khamenei
on Sunday warned the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas against
any "compromise" in its fight against Tehran`s nemesis Israel,
his official website reported.
"Always be wary of infiltration by the compromisers in a
resistance organisation, which will gradually weaken it,"
Khamenei told the visiting Hamas Gaza Prime Minister Ismail
Haniya, according to the leader.ir website.
"We have no doubt about your resistance and that of many
of your brothers, and the people only have this expectation of
you," said Khamenei, reaffirming that Iran "will always be
alongside the Palestinian resistance."
Khamenei`s comments come as divisions within Hamas have
emerged on a possible overhaul of the organisation`s strategy.
Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal signed an agreement with
Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas earlier this month placing
Abbas at the head of an interim government charged with
organising elections later this year.
The agreement struck by Meshaal`s foreign-based
leadership with Abbas`s Fatah faction has run into serious
opposition from Hamas members inside the Gaza Strip, which the
movement has controlled since ousting the president`s
loyalists in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach